Saturday, November 13, 2010

Masskara Dance Parade 2010

     October is the month of celebration for Bacolod City. This is the month for the annual Masskara Festival.
     Kari na sa Bacolod, magtan-aw Masskara or Come to Bacolod , watch Masskara is often seen on the TV or hear over the radio to promote the city's colorful celebration.
      I am from the nearby city of Bacolod and this is my first time to witness the street dance parade on the street.
     I left my family on one of the malls in the city and I met with Ella who's already on the street of Araneta eagerly awaiting for the dance parade to begin.
     This year is the very first time that the street dance competition kicked off at four in the afternoon. It is a tradition that it would start at one in the afternoon so it was already dark when the dancers reached the Bacolod Public Plaza where the judging area is.
It was a tiring but enjoyable afternoon spent with Ella and on the Araneta street. I would surely be back next year.








No comments:

Post a Comment